April 18, 2016

Monday, Monday. Can't Trust That Day.






Monday, Monday and I cannot catch a break even when Tax Day is delayed

I'm always on the bitter edge. Not my fault, but I won't try to explain that to you. Boring. So this morning, I read the email from the CPA and got going.

I had already woken to a cat throwing up, so I applied my newly-learned carpet cleaning technique to said spots. (ice water, vinegar, rub it, blot it, baking powder, let dry, vacuum)

Meh. My scanner had decided not to work today. At all. Maybe ever again. Never mind the hundreds of "fun" genealogical documents and pictures I scan to email every day. Never mind that it was working fine yesterday.

So, I took a picture of said document signature and emailed that. I put the real signed document into an envelope and addressed it. I shoved my Treasury offerings into more envelopes and sealed them up for their long journey to NC. I reached for stamps.

Meanwhile, with five kittens "helping" who might have "played" the stamps to the floor and under the desk, I find none. But no. Caroline Mathews is out of stamps. How the usually organized have fallen.

So off to Publix. I checked some things out while the store was quiet. I read some labels. I bought some twofers. Some peanut butter pretzels. And out the door! No. Back into the store! I had forgotten the stamps.

There is a mailbox in the Publix parking lot, but I don't trust it. Every piece of my mail (four in one month) that has been misplaced by the USPS I have first thrown into that box. I drove on by it and headed home. At the stoplight, I stamped my envelopes. I came into the neighborhood and where was the standing mailbox? Gone!

The place to which they moved the mailbox makes a good bit of sense. It's safer for traffic. It's quicker. It works for me. But it's in a new spot, so will the pickup actually take place? Today? On time for Tax Day?

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day...

Every other day, Every other day of the week is fine, yeah,
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all the time. 

Happy Tax Day! 


P.S. I miss The Mamas and The Papas, don't you?

Smile and Say Cheese

 My daughter (now 61) used to line everyone up and take our picture in order to prove what a “good time” we all had – much to the chagrin of...